Information on COVID -19
At Clifton Home Care the safety and wellbeing of our clients, carers and staff is our number one priority. We want to reassure our clients and their families that we are monitoring the situation closely to help manage risks of spreading the virus. We are taking proactive steps to ensure we have adequate control measures in place to help protect clients and staff as best as we can and are regularly providing updates via email on the situation. Please know that it is very much “Business as Usual” whilst undertaking the relevant risk assessments and we are adhering to Public Health guidelines in line with the World Health Organisation advice. All staff who come within 2 metres of clients are wearing the required PPE equipment, including fluid resistant surgical masks and face visors.
Please be assured we are taking all necessary precautions to ensure our clients, carers and staff are being protected and kept safe. The following actions are being taken:
- Implementing good hand hygiene to prevent cross contamination. Carers are ensuring they wash their hands and lower arms upon entry to a client’s house and before leaving and at appropriate points in between.
- The wearing of face masks and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all staff when undertaking care calls.
- Ensuring all care staff are trained in infection prevention and control techniques, the donning and doffing of PPE correctly and this knowledge is refreshed regularly.
- We are able to accept external visitors to the office, however where possible please try to avoid such visits. Please note all visitors must wear face coverings when entering our premises.
- All staff must wear face coverings when entering and exiting the building and in communal areas. Social distancing is also being practiced by all staff.
- We are able to access COVID-19 testing where relevant and NHS Test and Trace guidelines are also being adhered to.
Care Services Update
We are pleased to say that currently, Clifton Homecare is operating as “Business as Usual”, however in order to maximise safety for the care team, our clients and their respective families, additional risk assessments will be completed. It would be helpful if you could still take note of the following information:
Be flexible with care visits and our availability. The team would appreciate your flexibility with regards to care visits. We are trying our best to accommodate all requests whilst adhering to the relevant guidelines. We will only ask you for changes to minimise the number of carers attending or because of shortages/ pressures upon us.
Due to current furlough arrangements, Christine is now providing a telephone contact service for clients and relatives. If you are not in touch with Christine and would like to be then please contact the office via email where possible to email@example.com She is also providing necessary companionship via the telephone for those people feeling isolated and anxious.
In light of the COVID-19 situation and current furloughing of some administrative staff we would also like to ask that you only contact the office if urgent. Any non-urgent requests are to be made via email where possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reducing Social Isolation
If your loved one is self-isolating please consider the following the activities for them to undertake at home:
Puzzles, games, cards, dominoes, reading, kindles, painting, crafting, knitting, crocheting, embroidery, jigsaws, gardening (if allowed), watching movies, Skype or Facetime. We do hold a variety of jigsaws at the office if you are struggling to get hold of these.
To try and safeguard our staff team our local Morrisons store is kindly supporting is with shopping for clients. Our care staff are not currently permitted to carry out shopping but we are facilitating weekly shopping at Morrisons. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com. We are very grateful to Morrisons for helping us with this and we really do appreciate all their support.
Clifton Home Care Policy and Procedures for COVID-19
For our latest company Policy and Procedures for COVID-19 please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Above all, I do want to stress the team at Clifton Home Care are doing all we can to safeguard all concerned. Thank you for your continued support and we will continue to update where necessary. It may be worth also following our social media channels for further information.
Facebook: Clifton Homecare Limited
Please continue to keep up to date with all relevant information available: